A Biohacker’s Guide
(read to the end for my personal journey going from the most polluted place on Earth – to breathing clean)
The air is DIRTY!
The problem is the POLLUTION in the air that
[+] Inflames your lungs
[+] Makes breathing difficult
[+] Enters your bloodstream
[+] Makes you tired
[+] Makes you sick
What can you do?
Follow the Breathe CLEAN Guide
Follow this guide (with a “secret bonus hacks” at the end) to help you breathe clean so that you
[+] Increase Immunity
[+] Reduce Stress
[+] Boost Energy
But… How bad is the air – really?
Dirty air is killing people faster:
- The WHO has labelled air pollution a global public health emergency
- 9 out of 10 people now breathe polluted air
- 7 million die from polluted air every year
- Deaths increase every year
- For every 10mcg rise in PM2.5 particles, the number of deaths rise by 3.5 percent every day
Illness linked to air pollution:
- Chronic bronchitis
- Respiratory infections
- Lung cancer
- Lung inflammation
- Heart disease
- Heart attack
You need to do the “Breathe CLEAN” basics:
[+] Measure and understand your air quality
[+] Find, buy or make air purifiers
[+] Find places with clean air
You can also biohack your dirty air and:
[+] Take supplements
[+] Breathe more efficiently
[+] Boost your immunity w/ breath
What’s the solution to Breathe CLEAN air?
- Get involved with Clean Air for All to help stop the root of the problem – burning crops!
- Wear a mask rated > n95 (not a surgical mask!)
- Use purifiers and filters – in your car and home (including your AC; make sure you clean or replace filters regularly).
- Find places with purified air.
How do you know if the air is “CLEAN” or “dirty”?
- Convert from AQI to PM2.5.
- Measure PM 2.5 (the amount of tiny dirty air particles) using a website/app at AirVisual.
- Get your own air monitor.
- Healthy PM2.5 less than 25 (according to WHO)
How do you biohack your air?
You can do 3 things:
- Take supplements
- Breathe more efficiently
- Boost your immunity w/ breath
What supplements can you take?
- Magnesium. You’re likely deficient and magnesium helps with almost every aspect of your health.
- Vitamin C. This will help improve blood flow and get more oxygen through your body.
- Vitamin E. This will boost your immune system.
- NAC (N-acetylcysteine). This has been shown to improve anti-oxidant production to fight the effects of free radicals and oxidative stress caused by pollution.
- Melatonin. Although thought of as a sleep aid, more research shows that melatonin can be a powerful anti-oxidant.
How can you breathe more efficiently?
…so that you’re breathing less dirty air?
You can practice Buteyko breathing and:
- Get your Breath hold score. This will give you a subjective measure for your current baseline and you can re-test regularly to measure your progress.
- Breathe more efficiently – getting more oxygen.
- Keep your mouth closed – and breathe through your nose!
- Walk and breathe.
- Exercise and breathe.
BONUS: How do you breathe your way to super-human immunity?
Making sure that you’re first in an area with clean air, you can practice Wim Hof breathing to hyper-oxygenate your body, boost your alkalinity and thereby more effectively fight off disease.
Breathe Clean: My Personal Journey
Learn how I found a way to breathe clean air in the midst of the most polluted place on earth!
- Breathwork and Ice Bath. (I offer Zen Breathe ‘n Freeze. It’s breathwork and ice bath biohacked – with clean air, binaural beats, grounding, baking soda, and magnesium!)
- Zen Coaching and Courses. Cut trough the B.S. and reach your (super) human potential.
- Absolute Health. They offer doctor-assisted services to detox your body.