My Adventure with Sungazing
Why I Looked at the Sun
Sungazing is when you look at the sun as it comes up or goes down. People say it can do some pretty cool things for your health, like give you more energy or make you feel happier. I wanted to see if that was true, so I tried it!
What People Say Sungazing Does
- Gives You Energy: Some people think looking at the sun can make you less hungry and give you energy.
- Helps Your Eyes: Others say it can make your eyesight better.
- Fixes Your Sleep: It’s also said to help you sleep better and give you more energy during the day.
- Makes You Happy: Sunlight makes many people feel good, and some think sungazing is extra special for this.
My Own Test
I’m 49 years old and was having trouble seeing clearly and sleeping well. So, I tried sungazing for a few months every morning. I used a special ring called an Oura ring to keep track of my sleep.
What the Ring Showed Me
The Oura ring told me how well I was sleeping. Even though I tried to get up with the sun and go to bed early, my sleep wasn’t getting much better. But, I did feel more awake during the day.
What I Think About the Sun and Sleep
I have a guess that maybe seeing the sun early in the morning might help me sleep better at night. The sun could help make something called melatonin in my body that makes me sleepy when it’s dark.
As we get older, our bodies make less melatonin which makes sleeping harder. So, at my old age, it makes sense to do things that increase melatonin!
Checking If Sungazing Works
I wanted to know if sungazing really works, so I thought a lot about what happened to me:
- Did I Get More Energy? Yes, I felt more awake during the day, but I’m not sure it was just from the sun.
- Did My Eyes Get Better? No, my eyesight stayed the same.
- Did I Sleep Better? My sleep felt a bit better, but the numbers didn’t change much.
- Did I Feel Happier? Being outside in the morning made me feel good!
What I Do Every Morning
Now, my mornings are all about getting healthy and happy.
- Walk up the hill to the lake (5 minutes backwards)
- Shoulder exercises
- Ground my bare feet to the earth
- Watch the sunrise
- Go home and do breathwork
It’s more than just looking at the sun. It’s about starting my day right!
What About You?
Everyone has different things they do to feel good and healthy. I shared my sungazing story, and I’d love to hear about what you do in the morning or any cool health things you try. Let’s learn from each other and have fun being healthy!